Internship Opportunity with USAID SCHEP and The Friends of
Archaeology & Heritage in Jordan
“Outreach and Awareness Intern at FOAH”
About USAID SCHEP:
USAID SCHEP is a four year USAID project that aims to foster
community and economic development through training and utilizing best
practices in cultural heritage preservation and management.
The Friends of Archaeology & Heritage in Jordan was
founded in 1959 by a small group of Jordanian and non-Jordanian archaeologists
and residents who wanted to expand awareness and enjoyment of Jordan's rich
heritage among the general public.
USAID SCHEP is looking for two paid Outreach and Awareness
Interns to work closely with the FOAH team on a number of short and long-term
activities to raise awareness. These will primarily be directed towards
students at schools and universities, and the general public at the FOAH
headquarters at King Hussein Park.
This Internship is an intensive 1-month position (can be
extended to additional two months based on the performance) that will assist in
developing and conducting activities that will contribute to enhancing the
understanding and appreciation of cultural heritage. The activities will
include workshops at the King Hussein Park, field work and site visits as well
developing online and print media. The bulk of these activities will be in
- Develop a calendar of suggested activities.
- Plan and conduct a series of activities in different
- Assist the Communications Department at FOAH developing
print and online materials such as announcements, blog posts and social media
- Prepare activity reports.
- Collect the needed data and reports to the SCHEP Monitoring
and Evaluations Officer.
- Additional administrative assistance and other tasks as
- University student or recent graduate majoring in cultural
heritage management, tourism, communications, or any related field.
- Proficient written and spoken Arabic and English
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of social media platforms such as
Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- Have a previous work experience or volunteering in awareness
How to Apply:
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter (letter can be
written in Arabic or English) to Internship.Schep@acorjordan.org with
the subject (Outreach and Awareness Internship at FOAH). Shortlisted candidates
will be only contacted for interviews.