The Communications Assistant will create visual concepts, by hand or using computer software, to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, or captivate consumers. They will develop the overall layout and production design for advertisements, brochures, magazines. In addition, the Communications Assistant will support project communications and administrative tasks. Working closely with the Communications Officer as well as the other SCHEP (Sustainable Cultural Heritage Through Engagement of Local Communities Project) and The American Center of Oriental Research (ACOR) staff, the Communications Assistant will be in charge of Arabic Language communication materials as well as support for other project tasks. The Communications Assistant will be supervised by the SCHEP Communications Officer.
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts and developing interactive design
- Working as part of a team with printers, copywriters, photographers, stylists, illustrators, other designers, account executives, web developers and marketing specialists
- Organizing and editing videos and photographs from field visits
- Managing and developing USAID SCHEP’s YouTube and Facebook video networks
- Assisting in photographing and recording organizational events (i.e. community outreach events, workshops, media visits and tours, etc.)
- Production assistance during photo shoots
- Assist in pitching USAID SCHEP story ideas to local media
- Assist in tracking USAID SCHEP mentions in the local media
- Additional administrative assistance and other tasks as needed
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven graphic design experience
- A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics
- Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Experience in filming and shooting videos is preferable.
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills in Arabic and English
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- University degree (BA or higher) in Design, Fine Arts or related field desirable.