About USAID SCHEP:
The Sustainable Cultural Heritage Through Engagement of Local Communities Project (SCHEP), is a USAID project implemented by the American Center of Oriental Research (ACOR) that uses a unique methodology for preserving, managing and promoting cultural heritage resources in Jordan through a community-first approach. The project began in 2014 and will continue until 2022.
All SCHEP project staff are employees of ACOR and subject to ACOR’s employment procedures and policies.
USAID SCHEP is looking for an Assistant Accountant to work closely with the Accounts and Administration Manager on a number of accounts and administration tasks.
• Assist the Accounts and Administration manager in preparing day to day financial tasks
• Develop and maintain a filing system; for inventory and contracts.
• Handling checks to the vendors
• Assist in preparing financial reports
• Provide support with other accounting and administration support tasks as requested
• Other duties as assigned.
• Recent graduate majoring in accounting, finance, or any related field
• Proficient written and spoken Arabic and English
• Prior experience with numbers and figures
• Strong administrative skills
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office
To apply: Please send a CV and cover letter, and names and contact information for two references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. This is a full-time position (1.0 FTE), with benefits. Review of applications will begin December 20, 2020, and continue until filled.
ACOR is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions including hiring, termination, promotion, and wages and privileges will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, or any other classification protected by law.